Wondering what happens once you apply for OneCard? Here’s an overview of how we evaluate all incoming OneCard applications.
At a primary level, we analyse your credit score and credit report. Beyond that, we also look at your PAN (Permanent Account Number), Address (City), and several other data points.
Basic eligibility requirements for OneCard
- be 18 years of age or older
- have a PAN card
- be a citizen of India
- reside in a city where OneCard is available *
- have a valid address and proof of residence
* OneCard membership is currently available to residents of Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Baroda, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi (NCR), Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, Mysore, Nashik, Pune and Surat. It will be rolled out across other cities in phases.
Why your credit score is used
A credit score is a numerical representation of your ability to repay borrowed amount(s), and your attitude to managing debt.
Information provided in the credit report
- number of credit accounts (credit cards, loans and lines of credit)
- credit limit / loan amount (as provided by the lender to the bureau)
- age of all your credit accounts
- your credit utilisation ratio
- payment history (including delays and defaults)
- credit inquiries from other lenders
This information is displayed in the OneScore App. You will also see two different credit scores for Experian and CIBIL. Read more on why bureaus have varying credit scores.
When applications could be declined
- you are currently past due or have been past due on any payments
- your credit utilisation ratio is high
- you have opened too many new credit accounts recently
- there are several recent credit inquiries
- you have an excessively high number of credit accounts
- if any of your credit accounts was subject to a settlement
- your existing debt obligations are comparatively high
- your credit score is low across bureaus
This is not an exhaustive list and we assign weightages to each factor, so no single factor determines whether an application is approved or declined.
Besides compliance with various banking and regulatory guidelines, we use information from more than one credit bureau to ensure we don’t miss any important information, and to calculate an internal score. In some cases, we may also ask you for additional details to provide you an appropriate credit limit.
If your application is declined or if we need more information, we will send a message in the app as well as via email to your registered id.
How you can help us in getting your OneCard approved faster
- register in the OneScore App using an email id and phone number which is in the credit report
- fetch both Experian and CIBIL score and report in the OneScore App
- ensure there is no mismatch in your personal information (like PAN, Date of Birth, Name)
Impact on your credit score
In case your application is declined or you choose to not accept the offer for OneCard, your credit score will not be affected. A hard inquiry would be done only once you accept the offer and activate your OneCard.
Our final decision to issue OneCard is based on existing credit information, internal score, a function of which cities we operate in, as well as data from various other sources, so some applications will be approved faster, while some may have to wait longer or may not be approved initially.
For further clarification on any point, you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org